Today I have a new process video where I show you my process of editing a photo in Photoshop using a 4×6 photo as a weekly title card for my Project Life scrapbook for Week 32 + a free .psd downloadable file for you!
I love to use my iPhone and edit through Photoshop each week for my Project Life layouts. It saves me time, I get the image exactly the way I like, and is convenient for me to do it all myself (including printing). Weekly I use:
- iPhone and/or my Nikon DSLR camera to take photos
- iMac, iPhoto to import my images
- Photoshop to edit, resize, and text/design Project Life pictures and elements, and save my designs – Note: You could use Photoshop Elements as well to do these simple tasks!
- HP Photosmart (A646) 5×7/4×6″ compact printer with HP photo papers
- 1. Import/export a photo from iPhoto into Photoshop
- 2. How to easily set the size and crop an image to 4×6″ to print at home
- 3. How to use the free template file (download this free .psd file here:
- to use as an overlay to create a photo title card with date. or, you can use this file to simply print the date on cardstock (or the Seafoam Edition by Becky Higgins vertical title card – prints right on the small white label on the bottom).
(View this video on YouTube here)
I also started a new weekly Project Life video process series on YouTube to help me keep on track with my own PL scrapbook, share and connect with you, and hope it gives you some great ideas and motivation for your own Project Life and scrapbooking in general. I have a few new videos up on kit clubs I’ve been receiving, too! I would love to hear your comments and you can subscribe on my channel to see the latest Create Scrapbooks videos in your subscription feed at YouTube here – http://youtube.com/createscrapbooks. My goal is to share what I am doing, what has been working for me for my scrapbooking, share some files I have created that I feel are useful for my everyday scrapbooking processes. The next video later this week will be the Project Life layout I created for Week 32!